Connecting you directly with your supply chain!
Project - Client DfMA Roadmap
Technology - Dfma/Offsite
Company - L & Q
As one of the largest developers in the UK, L&Q are in a unique position to pioneer the use of offsite technology within the housing industry, helping to develop national guidelines and benchmarks to assist others in implementing these new ways of operating.
L&Q are doing this through:
• A dedicated Product Innovation Team, whose position allows them to work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and offsite supply chain partners to deliver robust products and solutions.
• A clear and concise 10-year strategy to ensure 100% of developments are using offsite technology by 2025.
• Internal DfMA consultant and MMC/offsite product frameworks with new, collaborative and fair terms of contract, with a focus on delivering high quality, sustainable homes over costs.
• Funding from Innovate UK to develop a toolkit to facilitate the use of MMC and offsite within L&Q schemes and in the wider industry, informing project teams, internal stakeholders and external suppliers on the L&Q product portfolio and their strategy.
• Trialling offsite technologies and new innovations on live sites, to create a national benchmark for data collation and increase the speed, efficiency of build and quality of homes across the sector.
Find further information on L & Q on their website: www.lqgroup.org.uk
Welcome to the Offsite Hub Podcast where we discuss the latest trends and advances in offsite construction technology.
For the latest exclusive offsite information and discussions straight from the leaders of the industry MORE >
Welcome to the Offsite Hub Blog page where you will find exclusive industry content from the pioneers of offsite construction.